It’s Arctic Days! Since this week is the last week of 3rd quarter, we are again having theme days. We have mixed up the classes and will be exploring the Arctic Circle as we review our some of our science concepts, practice our writing and reading skills, and have a little bit of fun. We will still be keeping our normal math schedule, but otherwise will be mixed up.
Homework for this week will be to finish and turn in all missing work by Friday. The last day of the quarter is this Friday, and as such, no late work will be accepted after that day. Please also keep reading!
Parents: Beginning today, Monday, March 21, our parent pickup and bus routines will be changing. Parents will drop off and pick up at the North playground (on 500W). Please approach from the North to keep with the flow of traffic. Buses will board on the West side of the school, which will block the parking lot entrance/exit from 3:15-3:45, and there will be no parking on that side of the street.
Spring Picture Day is Tuesday, March 22. Only students who pay for picture packets will have their pictures taken.
On Wednesday, March 23, we will be having a groundbreaking ceremony at 12:45 to celebrate the beginning of the new building. Parents are welcome to come celebrate with us. To commemorate this special day, we are asking all students and adults at North Elementary to observe a special DRESS UP DAY!
- For boys/men: please wear slacks, nicer shoes, and collared shirts with a tie
- For girls/women: please wear a dress or skirt with nice shirt and nicer shoes.
Upcoming Important Dates:
- Friday, March 25- End of 3rd Quarter (no late work accepted after this date)
- Tuesday, April 19 and Wednesday, April 20: Science SAGE Testing
- Friday, April 22- Bard’s Bash Field Trip and Performance
- Monday, April 25- North Elementary’s Annual Arts Night 6-7:30pm
- Tuesday, April 26, Thursday, April 28, and Tuesday, May 3: ELA SAGE Testing
- Wednesday, May 4 and Thursday, May 5: Math SAGE Testing
- Wednesday, May 18- End of Testing Swim Party
- Friday, May 27: Last day of School